Maysles Documentary Center is accepting internship applications from college students and college graduates. Interns work on a part-time basis (2 days/week minimum) for three to five months and volunteer 4 times per month at our cinema screenings and related events.
Our Development Director is seeking dedicated interns to assist with various fundraising activities. Responsibilities include:
• Assisting with grant applications, including gathering supplemental materials and writing
• Researching new grant opportunities
• Maintaining our grant timeline
• Maintaining and updating all related support materials for grant applications
• Coordinating and writing fundraising appeal letters and emails
• Helping organize cinema member receptions
• Exploring ways to recruit new members
• Researching businesses for possible corporate sponsorships
• Exploring partnerships with Harlem businesses, arts organizations, churches, schools, etc.
To be considered, please submit the following materials to email@example.com with subject heading
MAYSLES DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP:
• Cover letter (no more than 500 words) explaining why you would like to take part in the internship program and letting us know something about yourself your interests, concerns, ideas.
• Resume, including relevant skill sets, i.e. computer programs and social media and your degree of proficiency
Incomplete applications will not be acknowledged. Interviews for finalists will be set up after the above materials have been received and evaluated.